ELSPETH CARDY - EXECUTIVE COACH
● Has worked as a qualified coach for 10 years
● Supports Leadership Development of senior and middle managers
● Frequently works with educators, health staff and other professionals
● Trains and supervises candidates for the ILM Certificate and Diploma in Leadership Mentoring and Coaching
Elspeth’s coaching skills complement her significant experience in management and team leadership in national and international education. In addition to coaching managers through their own challenges, she also trains managers in using coaching skills in their leadership and managerial roles. One of her hallmarks in coaching is to provide a safe place where challenging situations and decisions can be addressed in complete confidence.
Organisations that have benefitted from Elspeth’s expertise include Guardian Newspapers, where she conducted 360 feedback and leadership development work with senior managers. University College London had Elspeth working with a senior leader to improve leadership presence in a range of environments. Elspeth also delivered coaching skills training to senior managers at NHS group, London Deanery and a Local Authority. She currently supervises candidates for the ILM Certificate and Diploma in Leadership Coaching and Mentoring, in addition to mentoring refugee volunteers in making presentations to schools in London.
Professional Background and Qualifications
Elspeth was with the British Council for 15 years and was Director of Communications, Education and Training Group until 2001. She developed national and international training networks as part of European education and training initiatives and led international working groups in education. She holds the following qualifications:
● Diploma in Leadership Coaching and Mentoring (OCR)
● MA Hons French Language and Literature (St Andrews University)
● PGCE Teaching Certificate in Secondary Education (Moray House College)
● Chevalier dans l’ordre des Palmes Academiques, awarded by the French Government, 2001