JOHN BULL - EXECUTIVE COACH AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
● Enjoys 14 years of experience working with individuals and teams at all levels
● Passionate about helping people to unlock their full potential
● At his best when working with people who have the ambition to push themselves to perform at the highest level whatever their pursuit
● A specialist in leadership and organisational performance, John has spent more than a decade studying the leadership behind the highest performing organisations in the world - in business, the social sector, science, elite sport, the military, and the performing arts.
As a consultant John has gained experience across a wide range of sectors including Elite Sport (UK Sport, British Olympic Association, and many individual sports), Media (BBC), Construction and Manufacturing (Balfour Beatty), FMCG (Proctor and Gamble), Pharmaceutical (Pfizer), Financial Services (HSBC), NHS and Local Government.
John’s recent coaching clients include an operations manager who had been given a 'final chance' to improve their people management skills. Their team has now become one of the top performing units in the company.
A senior team of a large college benefitted from John’s expertise when the school dropped from 'excellent' to 'satisfactory' in their Ofsted report and they were keen to explore their role as leaders in returning the school to excellent.
For the last few months, John has been working with a newly promoted senior manager of a major telecoms company who wanted support in thinking through what the new role required of him.
A newly formed senior team in charge of housing within a local authority is currently working with John to help them define their ambitions for the service, and maximise their impact in the first 6 months.
Another client includes a woman who had been identified as “high potential” by her organisation, only to then get no promotion for three years. The coaching focused on how she could build her credibility and brand in the minds of senior leaders, and she was successful in getting selected for the next position that came up.
Professional Background and Qualifications
Prior to his career as a trainer and coach, John ran his own marketing business in his native land New Zealand. His move into consulting evolved out of his interest in and research around performance psychology and the leadership behind high performing environments.
John’s qualifications include:
● Bachelor of Business Studies, Massey University, New Zealand
● Master Practitioner in NLP