LORRAINE STEELE - DIRECTOR AND EXECUTIVE COACH
● Highly Skilled Senior Coach, Business Consultant and Workshop Facilitator
● Designs and delivers leadership development programmes for senior teams in international organisations
● Specialises in building management capability for senior leaders, such as coaching skills, teams in transition and managing conflict
● Provides courses to support coaches in their ongoing professional development through creative renewal workshops, seminars and training
A spirited and vibrant person, Lorraine enjoys working with individuals and teams in change and transition and in developing creative and practical approaches to leadership training. She encourages people to gain powerful new perspectives through her unique style of blending proven management theories with the scientific rigor from discoveries in neuroscience and the perceptions gained from exploring visual language.
Lorraine has worked with well-known organizations such as a Formula 1 Racing Group, McArthurGlen Designer Outlets, Kohler Mira, Channel 4, Orange Telecom, NHS, Nickleodeon, Greggs Bakers, BBC, Givaudan S.A., and the British Council.
For one of these companies she led a group of product designers and engineers in exploring their brand values and how they might ‘live’ them in an authentic and meaningful way. She supported the more conventional content of the workshops by using visual language and simple drawings to achieve their goals. The participants created large paintings that were visual interpretations of their brand values. Her belief is that by moving away from the spoken word they become more significant when we return to them and can refresh our perception of their meaning. The creative experience acted as a powerful imaginative trigger enabling them to discuss deeper perceptions not only about brand and values but also about the spoken word and behaviours.
With an American bath, kitchen and hospitality company, she supported their senior teams in several year-long leadership programmes. The managers enrolled were of eleven different nationalities and the work took place in England and France. Experiential events not only included a 4-day sailing experience but also horse whispering workshops and exploring insights gained about leadership on the day.
Since 2010, she has designed and delivered a series of two-day workshops for the public sector here in England in which over 150 senior managers have attended. The highly interactive, practical and fun experience ensured that the participants were able to implement sustainable change. Lorraine is very quick to see how a new idea might enrich a group's experience and she is comfortable taking creative risks. They have commissioned her to continue the project into 2013.
Professional Background and Qualifications
● Masters in Business Administration, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
● Bachelor of Art in Italian Language & Literature, University of California, Berkeley
● Diploma in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring/OCR Board, NVQ Level 7