NATALIE HUNTER - BUSINESS COACH AND FACILITATOR
● An experienced and qualified Coach for leaders, managers and teams using a strengths-based approach
● Designer and facilitator of high quality skills-based workshops, programmes and bespoke team events
● A successful 25 year career within blue chip organisations: John Lewis, Coopers & Lybrand, KPMG, Chapman Taylor (Architects), Channel 4 and McLaren (Formula One/Automotive)
● Leadership and management development, styles and behaviours
● Team development and dynamics – getting under the skin of a team to find out what’s working well and what needs to change
● Personality preferences (using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator with individuals and teams) – understanding our own and others’ preferences and how to make constructive use of differences
● Personal impact and image – aligning how you want to be perceived with how you actually present yourself (what you say, tone, body language, personal style and appearance)
● Creative renewal – helping individuals and teams to generate new ideas and perspectives that will develop their function/business
● Career coaching – making choices and plans that fit well with values, strengths and interests
People describe me as focused, challenging, rigorous and pragmatic as well as calm, creative, warm and insightful. I aim to bring whichever combination of these feels most useful at the time. By helping people to understand themselves better, gain clarity, play to their strengths and make informed choices, they have the best chance of success and fulfilment.
Before working independently, I worked as a senior Learning and Development professional, the biggest chunks of which included 9 years within leading professional services firms and 10 years within the very different, creative culture of Channel 4. In my most recent role as Head of Learning and Development at McLaren, as well as setting up and growing a strategic function, I was responsible for the design and delivery of McLaren’s high-potential Leadership Programme in partnership with The Judge Business School, Cambridge; coaching leaders, managers and teams; designing and delivering a range of management skills workshops and bespoke team activities; and running action learning sets for the Group’s graduates to maximise learning.
In my work, I consistently draw on my experience of adapting to very different industries and cultures, leading and managing teams, managing change and transition, setting up functions from scratch and juggling the often competing demands of a career and family. The diversity and range of this experience has enabled me to feel equally comfortable working with people in creative industries and the more traditional professions.
Relevant Qualifications, Training and Diagnostics
● ILM Level 7 Diploma Executive Coaching & Leadership Mentoring (2007) – Management Futures
● Career Coaching Core Skills Training (2002) – CCS (UK Market Leaders)
● Post-graduate Diploma in Personnel & Development (1992) - upgraded to MCIPD in Dec 1998
● Accredited user of Myers-Briggs (MBTI), ECI 360 (Emotional Intelligence for leaders), 16PF, FIRO B, Belbin and Career Coaching Services’ materials.